History

Valk Valk Manufacturing Company was established by Paul Valk in New Kingstown, PA in 1952.

The original 4000 square foot facility produced cutting edges for earth and snow moving equipment.

The company grew rapidly and several additions were constructed. By 1959, the facility measured 40,000 square feet and large municipal-type snowplows were added to the product list. Growth accelerated through the 1960's as the breadth of Valk's product line grew and its customer base expanded throughout North America and to many worldwide locations. During this period the plant additions increased its size to 60,000 square feet. Growth since then has been constant; more additions have added about 20,000 square feet and additional land was recently purchased for future expansion. When complete total plant size will exceed 125,000 square feet.

Valk Valk has stayed on the forefront of technology with the purchase of state of the art production equipment. Automatic shear lines, multiple spindle gang drills, 750 ton hydraulic multiple punches, a 750 kilowatt induction hardening and heat treating line, a computer controlled tempering oven, CNC drills, CNC plasma cutters, robotic welders, and automatic paint lines, among others, help Valk maintain the highest level of quality and production efficiency. Current and future projects will assure that Valk stays ahead of the competition with the latest equipment available.

Valk has been privately held since its inception. Small enough to give the highest level of service and communication to the customer, yet large enough to handle any size order required from OEMs, governmental units at the local, state, and federal levels, and a growing number of distributor and foreign outlets.

A dedicated and seasoned work force and administrative staff, along with four generations of family members, have established Valk as the premier manufacturer of Snowplows and Cutting Edges.

Valk Valk